At Freitag-Weinhardt, we take pride in the efforts made in maintaining safe work sites. We value the health and well-being of everyone of our job sites. As a Certified Contractor through the partnership with the Coalition for Construction Safety (CCS) along with the Indiana Department of Labor and it’s Indiana Occupational Safety and Health Administration, many of our customers come to Freitag-Weinhardt with a difficult project and a challenging schedule. They know we will integrate safety into all aspects of the project. Our goal is to deliver a safe job on time. Our BBS program is accredited by the Cambridge Center for Behavioral Studies and our Safety Representatives are respected and actively engaged in the field recognizing, “safety isn’t managed from an office.”
At Freitag, safety starts at the top. From the President down to each member of management, we conduct routine job site safety audits. These behavioral observations are compiled into a program showing leading indicator metrics. These metrics enable every manager to effectively evaluate the safety of their worksites.
Our safety team consists of a full time Safety Director and three full time Safety Coordinators who operate independently of our other business units and report directly to the President. This allows for objective and independent decision making in the best interests of our employees, company and our customers.
We are pre qualified with PEC Premier, PICS, ISN and Browz approved.
Freitag Weinhardt strives to:
- Provide a place of work which is free of recognized hazards.
- Provide the right personal protective equipment for employee protection.
- Comply with all applicable customer policies, OSHA regulations, and safety standards.
- Provide the support our employees need to prevent all incidents and injuries.
Our Safety Standards include:
- Providing stringent safety programs backed by a dedicated safety staff.
- Providing weekly educational safety and health training.
- Conducting daily safety self-assessment audits.
- Thorough incident investigations, root cause analysis and follow up to completion.
Recognition and Awards
- MCAA 2010 Safety Excellence Award
- MICCS 2015 Safety Achievement Award
- IDOL/IOSHA/CCS 2016 Certified Partner
- Cambridge Center for Behavioral Studies 2015 BBS Program Accreditation